7-Card Stud uses a standard 52-card deck.
Traditional ranking of hands apply. The betting is "split limit" (example: 3-6 limit
indicates a $3 wager for the "lower" limit and a $6 wager for the "higher" limit), with
the smaller limit occurring during the first two (2) betting rounds and the higher limit
occurring during the final three (3) betting rounds (exception: when there is an open pair
showing on the second betting round [fourth street], players may bet the higher limit or the
smaller limit. Once the higher limit is bet, the remaining betting for that round will be at the
- Players post an ante.
- Players are dealt three cards in turn, in rotation, two face-down, one face-up.
- The Player with the lowest card by suit (whereas the suit ranking from lowest - highest is as follows: Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts, Spades) initiates the betting with a "forced bet" defined by the table limit. The "low" player may also open for a full bet. For example, in the 3-6 limit game described above, the "forced bet" would be $1 and a full bet would be $3.
- The betting round continues, where players have the option to fold, call, or raise.
- Active players are dealt one card, face up. (4th).
- A round of betting ensues. For the remaining betting rounds, the player with the highest ranking hand (up-cards only) begins the betting round by checking or betting. Betting for this round is at the "lower" limit, unless a player has an open pair showing, and then players will have the option to bet the "higher" limit.
- Active players are dealt one card, face up. (5th).
- A round of betting ensues. Betting for this and subsequent betting rounds are at the "higher" limit.
- Active players are dealt one card, face up. (6th).
- A round of betting ensues.
- Active players are dealt one card, face down. (7th).
- A final round of betting ensues.
- Showdown: Active players expose all of their cards. The best five-carded hand, in traditional ranking, wins the pot.
- Collection: The collection will be taken from the antes and before the deal, in accordance to Lucky Chances collection schedules.